• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 How do I remove the power steering pump pulley?

Foxnut

The bolts that hold on the power steering pump backed themselves out to interfere / go loose and cock-eyed and there isn't room to get them back in with the pulley in the way. Two bolts anyway (TO shows a third that seems to be missing), and they are of different lengths...

The -20 says "Remove the Power Steering Pump Pulley" but nothing on how to do that. Looks like an allen wrench goes in the front but that turns the pulley and I'm not sure how to properly lock the shaft so I actually remove it vs just go round and round.

Reading related threads the good news is the bracket seems okay, but I didn't readily see anyone else asking this.

Trying to do this without removing the pump from the vehicle (and avoid messing with the lines--she was steering just fine).

Thanks in advance for the help! Charles

Matt65

I borrowed a puller from Advanced Auto. Removed and reinstalled on the engine. Make sure all the support brackets are installed and not missing.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pulley is a press on unit. There is a special tool that is required. I always go the loan-a-tool route for my local parts house.

powersteering.jpg

Matt65

I had a bolt back out and it got trapped rattling behind my pulley. Had to remove the pulley to reinstall the bolt. So you may want to use loctite.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks