• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 in Germany

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Hey there, nice CUCV!

I'm wondering what the point of a tan CUCV is in the land of forests and mountains there in the fatherland. Kinda clashes, doncha think?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

I hope you enjoy the site as much as most of us do.

What base are you on? I have been to Germany many times but due to the Army's requirement for my presence elsewhere have not been there since 2001. Did you pick them up from the DRMO auction or are these ones the Army still owns? How many German folks are buying them and keeping them on the road? It would be great to see some shots of Germany here on the forum.

I look forward to seeing more of your vehicles in action in Germany.

AlexT

Thanks for the friendly welcome,

My M1009 is from the range control in Grafenwöhr. The vehicle is still original.

I was NCO in the german Air Force at Nörvenich Air Base (1988-1992). There I worked together with American soldiers. It was a great time.

Now we are a small group of buddys, which keep these vehicles alive.

Greetings vom the USMVP. US Military Vehicle Preservation Germany

Alex

Attachments

mangus580

Alex.... any chance of getting some detailed pics of the winch mount on that 1008? I would love to put my winch on my 1009 like that.

Thanks

Falco

mangus580 said:
Alex.... any chance of getting some detailed pics of the winch mount on that 1008? I would love to put my winch on my 1009 like that.

Thanks
Hello !
Iam the Owner of the M 1008 (winch)
The Winch is fixed at the Frame.
I`ll send some aktually Pic`s to my Friend Alex T.
He can show them here!

I hope you understand my bad English....(American) :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks