• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 into a nice daily driver.

84cucv1ton

I would feel safer in a bone-stock M1009 than any brand new compact car with all the safety bells & whistles.

i hear that. i totaled a 86 chevy suburban. my first truck. if i was in anything else i would be dead.

i love these old trucks.

his truck is coming along. been doing his and mine. cage is down the road.

got the arm off the 60 to. heated up and started swinging. took forever. thanks for the replys

hogtruck

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"A major development of 1976 was a new body design, it featured a steel half-cab with an integral roll bar built into the steel front compartment roof and lock pillar structures."

Above statement taken from CK5 website.

colomil

The stock cab on a K5/M1009 will NOT save you in a rollover.

For rollbar specs, look up the SCORE off road racing website and see what class a 5000lb blazer would race in (class 7 4x4 I think). The last time I looked it called for something like .120 wall X 2" dia 4130 tubing for the cage. Pretty beefy and safe if you ask me.

As a footnote, I think all SUVs/pickups should have rollbars/cages.