• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 keys.

hippiedude

Hi guys I won a m1009 friday and it has no keys... :roll: go figure....any way I did a search and seems there mite be more than 1 set of keys for these things....I did find key code for ignition and door, is it one key ....It allso seems from some of the posts that I sould see if some one is willing to make a copy of there keys and send them to me...Any body willing to do it ....Just pm me.. I just want to make sure I can get in it so I can turn the wheels to load on my trailer......I don`t want a fork lift it on......Thanks Tim

Attachments

Crash_AF

There is only one key for the ignition and door unlike other Chevy trucks of the time. There is only one key code used on CUCVs as they were provided from the factory. Some units swapped the ignitions as a security measure, but I haven't seen one yet like that. Go to the dealer or a good locksmith with the key code in the FAQ and get a key cut.

That's a pretty good looking 1009. If it has fluids in it, I'll bet it'll start and drive onto the trailer with a jump.

Later,
Joe

LibertyDeuce

M1009 Keys

Crash_AF said:
There is only one key for the ignition and door unlike other Chevy trucks of the time. There is only one key code used on CUCVs as they were provided from the factory. Some units swapped the ignitions as a security measure, but I haven't seen one yet like that. Go to the dealer or a good locksmith with the key code in the FAQ and get a key cut.

Later,
Joe
:ditto:
A GOOD locksmith is all you need with the code.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks