• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Leaning

pbrstreetgang

What would cause a M1009 to appear as if it was leaning on one side in relation to the other. When I look at my truck from the front or rear, it appears to be lower on one side than the other.

91W350

Usually you will notice the driver's side is lower than the passenger's side. The weight of the driver, the larger, the quicker, helps break the spring down quicker. You normally see it on the 5/4 pickups more as the fuel tank is also suspended on the driver's side. If that is the case, it is a lot of work, but you can swap springs, side to side. Another thing to look for is broken spring leaves. Frequently they will break in the spring pack and lose support on that corner. Glen

Editing to add that you might look for a bent spring as well, I had one that took a hard shot and bent the main spring, close to the eye. It made that side ride higher....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks