• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 License plate light, Atlanta, Ga.

CycleJay

Hi all,

I just installed and wired in the license plate light this afternoon.
I spliced it into the brown wire going to the right rear tail light.

And it works very well, so I am happy.. I just need to seal it with
liquid eletrical tape (where can I find that stuff???), then wrap & secure
that with eletrical tape, wire ties, etc, so then it will be weather & movement proof.

Thanks for the information, it was a big help.

Good night,

CJ

P.s. Photos will be taken upon request.

DXTAC

Take some photos and post them. Many times that inspires people to try it themselves. They can see how easy something is.

Also I forgot to mention these Posi-Lock fasteners in my post earlier. They are GREAT but a little pricey. But as opposed to butt connectors, these are reusable!

Cheers!

ralbelt

Most marine stores will have liquid electical tape as well as some automotive stores.
I used that same light on my M1008 and it works fine.

I googled it and ace hardware, J.C. whitney, harbour fgt and a whole lot more pop up that carry it.

Last edited:

Brad M

Congratulations on getting it done.

Yes, some pictures would be nice also.

Some Big Box Home centers have it also but you could look for a West Marine in your phone book and they should have it.

donalloy1

mounted mine on left side of bumper over blackout. saved me drilling into gate. utilized existing blackout mount hole and drilled other into bumper for mout. looks pretty clean. do need lumes on it though. will go with litezbolts. should keep heat off me for a while. they do not seem to interested mv's in my neck of the woods. dml2 sends...:lol:

Brad M

Will it keep the police from pulling you over for lack of a tag light.. Yes

Would I call it done... No

Thanks for posting pictures but I had imagined it a little more done than the images you posted.

Once you have it tidied up completely then post some more pictures.

You can do it.

Timber

It's pretty dang dispicably poor behavior to beat up on someone down on money and down on knowledge and call them out. Some folk are at the bottom of the learning curve but that doesn't mean they don't deserve help. I haven't met anyone born knowing it all.

CycleJay

Hello Timber,

Thank you for posting that.
I was thinking of answering him, but I wanted to respect his request that I do not reply,
to him.

Because respecting others requests is the right thing to do.

True, I am down at the moment, but in this economy I am trying to do the best I can.
I have a family to take care of, but I only make so much now, that it is hard to
remember or keep up with everything some times.

Also, I was not born a rocket scientist. So I do not know it all, I am learning what
I can about my M1009 as I go.
I do try to read the TM's, but since I was not in the military,
(but I tried to join the military because I wanted to repay my country for what they have done for me,
but they turned me down.),
or ever in a class/classes that taught me how to read them, sometimes they can be a bit difficult.

I got my M1009 because I needed something tougher than what I was driving,
something that has 4 wheel drive, can hold my family, dog, and cargo.
As well as be more inexpensive to register, insure, repair, maintain, and fuel up.
Also, something that was made the way they used to make cars,
so that way I can do repairs myself, instead of running it to a shop whenever
something breaks.

As for running out of fuel, the fuel gauge does not work yet, it will after I fix it.
I know how to fix it, I read how in the TM's, I just have not had the time yet.

As for jump starting, I tried the different ways people here told me, and nothing
seemed to work right away, eventually it got worked out.

As for insurance, with working & concentrating so hard on just keeping a roof,
over the head of my family & I, sometimes it is hard to remember or keep up,
with other bills, especially with how much I make even though I work at least
40 hours a week.

As for knowing if I needed a tag light, when I got the vehicle, I tried to find out
if I needed one, I even asked a tag office rep. if I needed one, and she did not know.

My apologies for replying with such length, I just wanted to thank you and let you know
where I was coming from.

By the way, I have seen so many posts from people here asking for help,
without ever getting the kind of response you replied about.

If it were me, and I saw someone in trouble, I would go out of my way to help them.
And I have done so, many times in the past in my life.

Thank you, Good night, God bless you,

CJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks