• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 lift blocks up front instead of new leafs

RedneckMilenko

I'm wondering if it's possible to put lift blocks for the front axle without issues on th 09. A buddy of mine has had 80's model chevy's and only used blocks on all 4 corners and never had a problem but I don't want me trying to be a bit cheap to ruin my truck. Anyone have any idea if this will have an adverse effect?

jw4x4

It is never wise to use blocks on a 4x4 steer axle. The adverse effects are when the blocks shift and then you are just along for the ride. Don't do it.2cents

Skinny

Not only are front lift blocks illegal in pretty much every state but are incredibly dangerous. Blocks out back are generally a bad idea past 2-4" depending on the leafs, power, tires, etc. They still cause damage like wrap and turning the leafs into a W shape.

Not a good move. I would not ride in your buddie's truck either.

rickf

As was already mentioned, NO. They are illegal and for good reason. Lift blocks are not designed for lateral strength. They will roll right out on a hard turn. Your buddy has been VERY, VERY lucky. When it happens, and it will, he WILL crash. Just hope no one else is involved.

Rick

jmassenga

If you're looking for a cheap, short lift, consider the 0 rate add-a-leaves sold by Off Road Designs and others. They add 1" of height and look like a lift block, BUT they are solid and the spring center bolt runs through them (they are physically bolted into the spring pack) so they will not spit out and they are legal for front axle use. M1008s and M1009s use smaller diameter spring center bolts than are supplied with the Off Road Designs add-a-leaves, so you'll need to buy new bolts. I didn't like the small bolt in an oversized hole, so I purchased some thin wall tubing and sleeved the holes in mine to the correct diameter.

If you want more lift than that, replace the springs like everyone else has said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks