• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Little Red Riding Hood.

cucvrus

Today I want to talk about the Pivot Rivet for GM wing vent windows. Yes it is a real thing and I bought a box of 50 of them from Walmart.com IMG_1499.jpeg they are made by an old OEM fastener and trim company that has been around for years and has all the cool stuff that is hard to find. IMG_1500.jpeg Nice little piece to have and replace on all the wing vents that you should be rebuilding and resealing. IMG_1501.jpeg I had to rush down and try one on for size and fit. Perfect. Needs a bit of paint touch up as I had to grind the other rivet out. IMG_1502.jpeg Nice little punch to seat and installl the rivetIMG_1504.jpeg IMG_1503.jpeg I hope that helps someone here. $25. bought 50 in the box delivered. Take Care. I hope that helps you out. I have 50 and will be taking appointments for vent window rebuilding Spring 2025.

cucvrus

I am back up in northern Pennsylvania working on my rock crusher. I took a break from work to travel a bit. First trip I left and stayed over night since I lost my Wife. Going well I will get some pictures. I met some new friends along the road. Fed them some grass and pretzels. They were very happy and friendly. Can’t post pictures here no reception.

Attachments

Sezzo

Today I bought a new rear window for my project I have a new windshield also but I have new rubbers and want to wait for warm weather when I can let the new rubbers set in the sun and get warm. Picture posting issues again. Have a Great Day. View attachment 920711 View attachment 920712 Made in Ohio by a Chinese company. Nice new glass.
M1009s with factory glass all around are extremely hard to find nowadays. Chinese replacements are common. A guy in Germany was selling a factory clear windshield - a really nice one - but the price was 1.000 US$. What the heck?

cucvrus

No way am I spending that much on a piece of glass. Be real about it. Does it matter at this point in time. It is a glass and I can see thru it. Purpose served. Have a great day. I have scratched and sand blasted glass. The OEM windshield was perfect with the exception of wiper marks. It was the OEM glass. I put it in car that was heading into the crusher and it was recycled. Same as all the window seals. Have a Blessed Day.

Last edited:

Sezzo

No way am I spending that much on a piece of glass. Be real about it. Does it matter at this point in time. It is a glass and I can see thru it. Purpose served. Have a great day. I have scratched and sand blasted glass. The OEM windshield was perfect with the exception of wiper marks. It was the OEM glass. I put it in car that was heading into the crusher and it was recycled. Same as all the window seals. Have a Blessed Day.
Yes, I agree. Too much money for a simple windshield. That’s just one example of original NOS spare parts becoming rare and expensive.

cucvrus

Today after work I decided to install the steering column and make some progress on my project. I have been dragging my feet for a bit. IMG_1577.jpeg Column all clean and lubed. IMG_1578.jpeg Truck all ready for the install. IMG_1579.jpegThat was not all that bad. IMG_1580.jpeg I decided to continue on and make more progress. IMG_1581.jpeg I have a new park lamp for 25 years that I bought at Aberdeen . IMG_1582.jpeg Time to use it so I can clean up some space. IMG_1584.jpeg The grille and headlamp bezels are all installed and the correct screws were used to install everything, IMG_1583.jpeg I painted 8 new carriage bolts so next I can install the front bumper and brush guard. More progress reports later as they happen. IMG_1585.jpeg Take Care and Work Safe,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks