• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009/M1008 Coolant Reservoir/Tank

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pressurized tank is different than the tank listed above. What year of van do you have?

Gloaf

Adapting the new reservoirs to fit

Some slight modifications are needed in the new reservoir in addition to drilling a hole in the tab to attach it to the hanger (I did not use the zip-tie method):

1) the OE tab on the top of the old bottle was flat and just slid straight into the hanger. This new one has a slight bend in it that prevents the reservoir from slipping neatly into the hangar, but with an exacto knife it can be trimmed to fit.

2) The bottom of the new reservoir seems slightly longer than the OE, which causes it to rub on the interior wheel well. While this is OK in the short term, I worried about a long term effect of all that rubbing so....dust tape to the rescue! I added duct tape to the bottom portion of the molding to prevent chafing and abrasion, and to also lift it ever so slightly within the lower hanger into which the tank is inserted. I also slapped a piece of duct tape on the wheel well where it came in slight contact with the protruding edge of the bottle... to assist with chafing. Field expedient!

Gloaf

Last edited:

BostonPatriot28

My reservoir just cracked on my M1009 after my trip I took to New England. The part number for NAPA 6053401 was very helpful thank you! I called them, currently out of stock $17.89 advance has the 603-101 ordered for tuesday morning!

Last edited: