• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 need title for IL

jmmay82

Has anyone registered a m1009 or 1008 in Il do I even need the sp97 form or can I just bring the vin to the currency ex Do I need any else like an inspection

EO2NMCB

In IL you will need your sf97 and bill of sale from GL, no inspection needed unless cook co has some thing on the books. It took the local Sec of state office a couple of phone calls to springfeild to get it straight!

jimm1009

CUCV titling info

You need the bill of sale from Uncle Sam to G.L., the bill of sale from G.L. to you, and the SF-97 from Uncle Sam to G.L., and possibly a SF-97 reassignment form but that depends on your state.
Even though you are actually buying the truck, the truck is sold on paper to G.L. when you are the winning bidder. The SF-97 and bill of sale from Uncle Sam are listed as G.L. being the 2nd owner. Then G.L. gives you the original forms with a reassignment form and bill of sale from them (G.L.) to you.

Hope this helps. When you do the SF-97 request, you will get all the forms that Illinois requires unless they goof it up.

Jim :-D

PS: If a particular county requires something else, you may want to explain this to G.L. in a live chat session so they understand teh request qhen you send it in. Trying to get additionaly paperwork after the first batch is something like an "act of congress" and we all know how that works!

Last edited:

satnytspcl

I won my first bid about a month ago...M105 trailer. I awaiting the approval of the euc in order to pick it up from Indy. Once I pick it up and request the SF97, how long does it take to get processed?