• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 New IP, now won’t turn over

Skinny

Seems like 24v genuine Delco Remy starters are under $120 all day long on fleebay.

I would highly recommend an end an alternative to cranking the engine to prime the fuel system. It is only going to kill batts and starters. Invest in a nice manual prime fuel filter setup to avoid this.

marand9199

Skinny:

I'm all for a manual prime, just not sure how to go about it. I saw your thread about the FM100 spin-on filter upgrade and plan on doing that after I figure out this timing issue on the IP. One problem at a time, if you know what I mean.

I have no problems priming a new filter but what's the trick to priming the injector lines?
If I hook the priming pump to the fuel filter exit line going to the IP will that pump fuel through the IP to the injectors with injector lines cracked open a little? Or is there some other location I should be hooking the pump to?

marand9199

2-1/2 months later and the truck is running again...finally!

Whoever did maintenance on her before me has never heard of Loc-tite. I have found different size bolts connecting the torque converter of which 5 of the 6 were loose. The starter had a 12 volts solenoid. The transmission bell-housing mounting bolts were loose. Then to top it all off, my new IP was sent out with a 24 volt solenoid in it which I believe is why I was having problems priming the injector lines. You learn a lot working on these green machines.

Thanks to all for the advise, this is a great place to tap the experience of others that have gone before us. I'm sure I'll be back again!