• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 newbie here

poncho457

New from IL been lurking on here for a minute. I bought this truck off another member about a year ago. It now has a 60/14bolt with 3.73s and 35s. This combo works great to retain the almost the same ratio as 31s and 3.08s. Also added the soft top and crossover steering. The last picture is from a trip to Mammoth Cave KY before it got 1 tons.

Attachments

poncho457

Outstanding! Tell us about that soft top...you like it? Is it loud like an old jeep or pretty tight? Easy up and down, let us have the scoop brother! :beer:
Thanks. The softtopper is real easy to use! Its not too loud but these trucks loud anyway. Well its less wind noise then jeep probably due to the half roof. I also installed a pickup truck tailgate, saw no need to have glass in the tailgate with the soft top. The between soft top and truck tailgate it took off at least 300lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks