• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Newbie

jag7720

Hi,

I just got my M1009 yesterday and I have a few questions...

Is there a civilian vehicle that would have the same rims as a M1009? I need a spare.

Anyone know what size tire came on the M1009? My speedo seems to be off a bit

Also, the PO of my M1009 put in a manual button for the glow plugs because someone removed the module that controls the glow.

Where can I get the module that controls the glow so I can put it back to factory specs?

My starter was converted to a 12v system. Is there a way to hook one of the "GEN" lights up so it works like it should?

Is there a replacement paint that is CARC like but is not CARC and is attainable to a civilian?

Thanks

mangus580

jag7720 said:
Is there a civilian vehicle that would have the same rims as a M1009? I need a spare.
Any 80's Chevy/GMC half ton 4x4 will work

jag7720 said:
Anyone know what size tire came on the M1009? My speedo seems to be off a bit
31 x 10.5

jag7720 said:
Also, the PO of my M1009 put in a manual button for the glow plugs because someone removed the module that controls the glow.

Where can I get the module that controls the glow so I can put it back to factory specs?
www.flmv.net has them, as well as GMpartdirect.com

jag7720 said:
My starter was converted to a 12v system. Is there a way to hook one of the "GEN" lights up so it works like it should?
Hard to say, without knowing what kind of 'hack' was done.

jag7720 said:
Is there a replacement paint that is CARC like but is not CARC and is attainable to a civilian?
Yes, and Yes.... search the forum, you will find many answers on this.

jag7720

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

One more .... my rear window crank is missing the center piece so the crank just goes round and round and the window doesn't move. Is there a supplier for that part? The PO said they are NLA. True?

Would www.flmv.net or GMpartdirect.com have them?

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
why would you want 16.5 rims the tires for these are more $

You do realize that this thread is 3 years old. Asking a question of a specific user usually doesn't work.

And where does the 16.5" rims come into play? They where talking about the crank handle.