• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Not Starting!!!

jimmiejam87

So the other day i decided to rinse off the beast. she started, i pulled it into the yard, hosed off the OUTSIDE ONLY. when i got back in to start it, the only thing that happens is a click when i try to turn it over, and a slight hum. i jumped it with my buddy's dodge, waited a minute, and proceeded to try it again. it did the same thing, but after a few seconds it cranked and fired right up. i let it run for a few more minutes and shut it off. when i went to start it back up, same deal. it's been like that for three days now and im highly frustrated. :evil:

going to start cleaning fuse box and battery connections after work.

btw- i lost all my lights coming home at midnight the night before this all happened. coincidence??? :confused:

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks to all. :lost:

camogriz

When my M1009 did the key click and didn't start, it turned out to be that the big wire on the starter needed to be removed and the connection cleaned. Hope that helps.

jimmiejam87

found out my front battery was dead. swapped the batteries and she cranks all day now but wont fire. i bled the line on the firewall and got some air bubbles to come out so its straight fuel but still nothing :(

p.s. fixed my lights. pulled the 25 amp fuse out on the right side and found a melted connection. the plastic in the fusebox is melted. flipped the fuse upside down and i have lights for now, but does no good if it ain't drivin'

jimmiejam87

front battery is dead. swapped the batteries and she cranks all day but wont start. bled the line on the firewall so its straight fuel; got some air bubbles at first. still nothing.:(

p.s. - fixed my lights. flipped my fuse around on the right side after finding some plastic melting. lights dont do no good if it aint drivin

jimmiejam87

all of my battery connections look really good surprisingly. now i think i have an issue with it getting fuel. like i said, it cranks but wont fire. im gonna have to crank and bleed at the same time.

firecontrol86

When mine ran out of diesel I had to bleed it with a manual syphon pump. I just attatched one end to the output nipple on the fuel filter and the other I ran into a rubbermaid pitcher. Just pumped away until I had fuel mostly clear of bubbles coming through. Saved my batteries a lot of cranking!

Justin2839

If you haven’t you might want to check and make sure you have power to your fuel shut off solenoid, sounds like you may not have power there if it had been running ok. Maybe an ignition switch problem??