• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 NP241 direct swap?

nudewheeler

Howdy Folks -

Quick question that was generated while trying to troubleshoot driveline vibrations.

Is the NP241 a direct drop in swap for the NP208 in an M1009?

Any need for:

• adapter plates
  • shifter linkages
  • crossmember modification
  • rubber mount modification
  • speedo cable modification

Is this literally a component swap with no other considerations?

May have the opportunity to pick one up locally with a SYE installed on it. More info to come. Doing homework/research first about the install.

To only major incompatibility appears to be the input shaft for most NP241s were 27 spline. JBconversions sells a 32 spline input shaft for the NP241 to mate with a TH400.

Thanks in advance.

nudewheeler

CUCVnut -
Thanks for directing me to your build thread. Nice truck. I've really gotta think about axles at some point.

Hey, I saw you referenced changing Tcase mounts. I wasn't quite sure what you were saying. I have an outstanding order from ORD for their BG01006 mounts. Are these compatible with an NP241 swap?

What other anchor were you referring to?

Are you able to post a link to an online vendor where you purchased both the 2108 and 2107 mount/anchors you referenced?

Thanks

nudewheeler

I found these parts on Orilley's auto parts. They look quite similar to the ORD poly t-case mounts. I am still curious what mounts (manufacturer or vendor) you used.