• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Power Loss!

CUCV85beast

Hopped in the CUCV today and it started up just fine but when I tried driving up my street (which is a somewhat steep hill) it moved like a snail... I Floored it and still it hardly moved. Once I got on a normal street without any incline I was able to keep up with traffic but when I try to really accelerate it seems to be working very hard and just isn't quite pulling the way it should... I'm also getting tons of smoke out of the exhaust. Been looking around the forum and I'm about to go pick up a new fuel filter, hope this solves the problem. But with the symptoms I've described does anyone else have any idea what kind of problem I may be looking at here?

yetti

white smoke? or blue? if its white the return valve on your fuel distributor might be plugged up? if so it acts like full advance cold. if its a restriction on the system from the tank side pop your fuel cap and see if it drive better with the cap loose. the third option is your fuel needs treatment. you could have a load of crud growing in your tank. get some biogaurd type fuel treatment

CUCV85beast

Its more of a greyish colored smoke, I've used diesel kleen a few times in the last couple of months and fill the tank at least once a week as it is almost a daily driver. I'm gonna change out the filter today and already bought some carb cleaner in case the clear bead in the IP inlet is dirty. Gonna start working on it as soon as I get home today, I'll be sure to post whether or not the problem is solved.

Mudstone

This might be a dumb suggestion... are your hubs locked and are you in 4wd? Air filter dirty? Black smoke suggests its getting more fuel than it can burn.

beanman1

mud stone whats up man any way speaking of the ip while it is idling look all around it for signs of a leak mine is doind the same turned out to be a bad seal got it fixed flys like superman now well a cucv superman lol