• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Radiator, civilian equivalent

cucvrus

AUTOZONE'S LIMITED WARRANTY (United States Only)

If a part fails during the warranty period shown on your receipt, bring the part to any AutoZone store and you will receive a replacement or refund. Warranty excludes damage caused by misuse, abuse, other faulty parts, improper installation or off-road, commercial or marine use. Warranties on replacement parts cover the unused portion of the original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. Warranties expire when you sell your vehicle
Part Number: B850
Alternate Part Number: CU850
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
This product is a fit for your:
1984 Chevrolet Truck Blazer 4WD 6.2L Diesel 8cyl

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP does not have time for all this discussion(or looking for the correct info in the TM or forums).

He said he was ordering yesterday so stop wasting YOUR time as well.

cucvrus

What? Did I do something wrong here? I was just answering the gentlemens questions pertaining to the options on radiators. And NO he is not wasting my time. I am trying to help him achieve the best job possible with the least amount of errors. Sorry if that offends you. I wonder at times at the way certain people on this site are alway quick to dismiss others input if they disagee with that person in any way. Once again sorry. I quickly read over the previous replys and saw no one telling me they are done with the conversation.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP mentioned early on that he did not have time to research this(post#5).

And he needed to order asap, for a weekend repair.

Just pointing out that.

You did nothing wrong.

All the info he needs has been posted many times before and is easily found with a few minutes of searching or simply using the parts TM.

paramilusmc

The radiator I mentioned from Autozone is a 4 row heavy duty. It doesn't get any better then that. The number is B850 and it is warranted for life. You can exchange a defective one at any Autozone store and its $324.99 Spectra premium radiator. I just went out and looked at mine it is a 4 core. That is all I have to say about that.
So this is the one I just put into the truck today. It came with a few adapters, the one for the low oil censor was a little narrow on the smooth bore end, but drilling it out to the threads on a drill press worked like a dream. It would seem the brackets are a little farther apart than the normal one but it works, just need s a little fiddling to get it close enough. The new radiator is wider than the old, and seems to be working better. I had no issue with the hose fittings or line size.

I did however find that i have a leak in my coolant reservoir that I wasn't able to patch up. LMC has three, but not one that looks like the one I have in my truck. Anyone have an extra they are willing to part with?

paramilusmc

The OP does not have time for all this discussion(or looking for the correct info in the TM or forums).

He said he was ordering yesterday so stop wasting YOUR time as well.

Wow, wow easy guy. I got the information I needed and ran out to get this ordered. I meant no disrespect to anyone, and only looked for solid advise which I received and haven't had a moment to get back here to post the results.

You make a guy feel like if he didn't bury himself in the TM then he is not allowed to ask a question. I thought this site was here to help people?

So that's what I did, and for the most part I got some real good advice. I think all the gun control up in your neck of the woods has started to make you a bitter guy. But its ok, I still love all you NYer's.

paramilusmc

What? Did I do something wrong here? I was just answering the gentlemens questions pertaining to the options on radiators. And NO he is not wasting my time. I am trying to help him achieve the best job possible with the least amount of errors. Sorry if that offends you. I wonder at times at the way certain people on this site are alway quick to dismiss others input if they disagee with that person in any way. Once again sorry. I quickly read over the previous replys and saw no one telling me they are done with the conversation.
Yes and thank you for your advise.

paramilusmc

AUTOZONE'S LIMITED WARRANTY (United States Only)

If a part fails during the warranty period shown on your receipt, bring the part to any AutoZone store and you will receive a replacement or refund. Warranty excludes damage caused by misuse, abuse, other faulty parts, improper installation or off-road, commercial or marine use. Warranties on replacement parts cover the unused portion of the original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. Warranties expire when you sell your vehicle
Part Number: B850
Alternate Part Number: CU850
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
This product is a fit for your:
1984 Chevrolet Truck Blazer 4WD 6.2L Diesel 8cyl
Yup, thanks. That info really helped, and made this project go way faster than I anticipated. I am actually really surprised this only took a day and went together so smoothly.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The coolant tanks at LMC are not correct. The one you want is from a GM van. The NAPA part number has been posted many times.

donalloy1

Utah Salt chewed mine up pretty bad! Better change out before she blows. Thanks to those that provided applicable pn's and sourcing information. Suppose having Radiator shop overhaul would not be better than lifetime warranty from Autozone? So much for throw away society. Scrappers will have field day with existing though.

paramilusmc

Utah Salt chewed mine up pretty bad! Better change out before she blows. Thanks to those that provided applicable pn's and sourcing information. Suppose having Radiator shop overhaul would not be better than lifetime warranty from Autozone? So much for throw away society. Scrappers will have field day with existing though.
Not even close. The new ones from auto zone are thicker and I have find mine cools allot better and makes my truck perform just a little bit better. Get the one from auto zone, you will see the difference when you put them side by side.

paramilusmc

Ya I just found that. GM part number 14052221, found it here: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/part-number-search.html?searchText=14052221

Labeled as Cooling Radiator and components Recovery tank W/o ac 6 cylin. We will see when it comes in how close it is, but it should be the exact one. I saw the NAPA number as well: BK6053401 but read it doesn't fit perfect. Takes some bending is what I read.

So ya, I got an e-mail from them today saying the item is discontinued. Back to the grind of finding one available somewhere.

Ended up going with the NAPA part number 6053401 and ordered online.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a radiator for you. Better hurry as there is only one left. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C8EQH8/ref=pe_344980_124366890_em_1p_2_ti

Proliance 432098 Radiator

Price: $3213.16 + $16.43 shipping

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

by Proliance

Be the first to review this item

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

Only 1 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by myautopartswholesale.

• Designed and rigorously tested to meet or exceed OE specifications
  • Best-in-class, premium-grade components and materials
  • Ready-Rad plastic tanks can withstand 150,000 pressure cycles with no bowing, warping or twisting
  • Easy "drop-in fit" installation
  • Packaged with cooler fittings, fan shroud clips and mounting brackets to ensure proper installation and vehicle performance

Last edited:

cucvrus

$389.90 is the real price it's a typo error. myautopartswholesale is the seller. I was just on there site. I have 2 OEM ones new in the box. I will sell them for 1/2 of that Price: $3213.16 . Any takers? I don't think so.

cucvrus

That Aluminum radiator is only a 2 row core. The Autozone one is a 4 row core. Twice the heating capacity and it is made of brass and copper. My experience is that brass and copper hold up better then the thin aluminum. Just an opinion and an experience of years of vehicle repairs. The OEM ones are still lasting 30 years later. That is a time proven test. Remember Chevy trucks run longer poorly then most trucks run period. Also think about this. Time weathers most vehicles. CUCV's weather time.

Drock

Oh here we go:D. Aluminum radiators need to only be 2 rows. The way aluminum dissipates heat is different then brass/copper, if it was more then 2 rows it would actually over heat it's self buy heating up the back rows of tubes . The way they make them now is 2 larger tubes rather then 4 smaller ones. As for longevity ,all factory rads are aluminum these days. And there short comings are the plastic tanks on the ends that either break or the gasket leaks. Fully welded ALL aluminum rads like the one I showed wont have that problem. End in the end the aluminum ones are more efficient, thus car manufacturers can use smaller ones to cram the body work even tighter around the engine.