• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Radiator, civilian equivalent

paramilusmc

So ya, I got an e-mail from them today saying the item is discontinued. Back to the grind of finding one available somewhere.

Ended up going with the NAPA part number 6053401 and ordered online.
Update, so this reservoir looks right, but the measurements are way off. I was able to pull it off with a little 550 cord, but ya not a true replacement by any means.

cucvrus

I am glad to hear that the Autozone replacement radiator worked out for you. Now onto the reservoir. Are you talking the opaque plastic coolant overflow bottle on the left side of the radiator? Does the NAPA one even fit in the brackets? I take it you are unable to fasten it in the original mounting brackets. Sounds like you need an OEM one to suit you.

MarcusOReallyus

That Aluminum radiator is only a 2 row core. The Autozone one is a 4 row core. Twice the heating capacity
That's like saying an 8 cylinder engine is twice as powerful as a 4 cylinder engine.

There is WAY more to cooling efficiency than just the number of rows. Even if the material is exactly the same (both type and thickness), the airflow over a 4 row is not the same as the airflow over a 2 row. A lot has to do with the design, too. It's quite possible for a poorly designed 4 row to be LESS effective than a well-designed 2 row.

Just like it's possible for an 8 cylinder to have less power than a 4 cylinder.

MarcusOReallyus

Warthog, you missed the most important thing on that radiator listing.

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

That's a deal breaker for me.

I'd have been all over that deal if I could have gotten the free shipping.

I bet that thing is 12 rows! It will probably freeze your engine and make snow in August!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks