• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Radiator Oil Cooler Tubes

Uechi

Need help badly. I had my mechanic put in a Trubo Diesel Kit on my 6.2 liter and replace the original radiator with an OEM equivalent Aluminum radiator. In the process of removing the old radiator the hard oil cooler lines( namely the ingoing and outgoing ) lines that attach to radiator ends were broken. I have looked everywhere and cannot find replacement OEM or after market hard aluminum lines and connectors. I checkthis forum and have read posts saying go to a hose and hydraulic line manufacturer. I have gone to at least four companies and they all say they can't make these lines. It is also my understanding that GM doesn't make them anymore. I was thinking of using flexible metallized hose but once again can't find fittings that will connect to the radiator and hold.
I then decided I'd get an external oil cooler and block off the connections on the radiator for the hard cooler lines. I was told on more then one occasion that if I did that the radiator would not cool properly. Any suggestions and sources for maybe surplus mil part hard lines or and alternative that will work would be great. I have been trying for 6 weeks to get resolution and no sources or progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Uechi

Thanks so much for helping me out it is appreciated. Would you please tell me how I can contact Hawkman or Hillbilly Wizard so I can find out if they have the lines I am looking for again thank you for your help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will be sending the a PM (personal message)

At the fop og the page, right side, click on Notifications
Click on Inbox
On the left side of the page Click on Send New Message
The PM box will pop up
Enter HAWKMAN or HillbillyWizard in the adress box, enter a title and your message.

Under the Vendors Forum you should also see there posts.

You can also post a Want Ad in the Parts Wanted forum.

Many ways to skin the cat

Last edited:

unaffiliated

There is also this thing called Google. There is a seller on a popular auction site that has those aluminum lines. They are NOS (that's New Old Stock). I was thinking about getting them 'just in case'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks