• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Radiator Overflow reservoir

Well I replaced my leaking or what I thought was a leaking radiator only to find out it was the dang reservoir. I bought a new one from a chevy van that was similar but in no way fits right. grrrr Anyway my simple fix of just using a anti freeze jug zip tied to the side of my fender and electrical tape securing the hose is a simple fix for now so i'm not leaking fluid everywhere. Has anybody found a source for these?

TyJustice

I bought a patch kit from NAPA and it worked like a charm. It comes with pre cut strips of fiber glass and the two part epoxy.

Make sure you scuff up the plastic before applying the patch or it will fail. Also, make sure you work quickly and I mean quickly; the epoxy wants to set up immediately.

Or

There is a part # on the reservoir.

GM dealership as far Oct 09 still had them available.

Wyofj40

Just an idea but jegs sells catch cans and overflow tanks made with aluminum or stainless steel, not stock but they would be a little more rugged.

YellowHammer

I had the same problem. I'll replace it one day, but I lined it with a heavy duty freezer bag as a temporary fix and it's held up for a year now. I figure a $00.40 freezer bag once a year will do for now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks