• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 REAR Blackout Light Operation

panama

Was trying to figure out EXACTLY what the rear blackout lights on my M1009 are doing. All the wires are cut and all the lights are busted. I see 2 wires plus ground going to each light. The -20 (figure F-20) calls them BO STOP MARKER LT and the fronts are named BO MARKER LT. The rear lights have an orange LED in the center and 2 red LEDs on each side of it where the front has only the 2 orange LEDs. Are the rear lights also wired for any type of turn signal or braking illumination as well as markers? Thanks for the insight!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The orange in the back actually illuminates white and yes, they are brake lights. The red ones are just running lights. Turn signals won't work the blackouts.

panama

Thanks alot for the tip Recovry.
No offense, but I went out with my multimeter and checked as well. 12 volts for marker and then 12 volts on the other line for brake.
The line that wnt 12 volts with the break had 6 volts on it WITHOUT brake applied. Is this normal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks