• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear seat question...

shadeone

Hello all! Ive been lurking on these boards for a little bit contemplating the purchase of an M1009 as a new toy and something to take on numerous camping trips in the coming years...

First off, I know the rear seats flip down, but does the whole assembly also flip forward and lay flat and level with the rest of the rear bed area like on some other SUV style vehicles?

Ive searched through the archives in depth but I cant even find a decent picture of the rear seat folded at all. If somenoe could provide pictures of this it would be extremely helpful! I plan on "truck camping" on a few of the camping trips and would love to see in advance how much rear cargo space i can work with!

also, does anyone know offhand the distance between the rear fender well bumps on the inside of the bed? like teh amount of flat space between the two?

thanks in advance!
shade

bbbang

Rear seat folds over and then forward against the back of the front seats. I am not sure on the width, but I think a 42" seat will clear between the fender wells, as I had thought about an aftermarket back seat at one point. Chris

realm

Unless your bolts are super stuck like mine... I need a prybar to get mine off. :-D

But yea... they fold foward as stated, but not flat with the rest of the bed. More at like a 90 degree angle to the bed area.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Actually 2 boths and then the "little hydraulic thingy" that you will need to undo also. But yes, you can usually get the rear seat out fairly easily. Taking it out versus folding it forward will only get you about another 4 inches or so. Haven't measured the back area from front to rear or side to side with and with out the tailgate up BUT, kinda hope your friends call you shorty. In reality it's probably not that bad but I'm 6'3" and I can't fit flat out.