• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear Shocks??

Mudstone

i think i may go with the ranchos they are cheaper than the bilsteins as well... and the steering damper can be the same brand.

remember guys baby steps he is an officer:twisted: sorry LTWVARNG I just had to!
Yes..I am in no way a mechanic! I bought this to learn on. In my six years in the Army I have been able to drive a HMMWV once! So I thought I would just by my own MV. I do get to fly a Blackhawk though hehe :razz:

Hopefully these rough country shocks that came with my lift are good. Anything has to be better than the shocks that are on here.

Mudstone

LT i was in the army for 3 years... spent my time mostly in a motor pool till we deployed... i'm no expert but i try my best. CUCV's i'm not real familiar with but it's what i could afford.

gasman

RS 9000 Ranchos were what we replaced worn shocks with at motor pool, my avatar is an 89 bronco that I rebuilt top to bottom and then sold for 8500. I would also use rancho steering stabilizers if you want to take the jerk out of the steering

gasman

I would like to offer my services here onsite, I was in the motor pool as 52D and 63 B mos for 12 years, I am an ase certified master mechanic. While I may not know all and dont pretend to know if I dont know the answer to your questions I have the resources to find out any one with questions PM me. Again I am offering my services to anyone free of charge.

cucvrus

They do have Quad shocks on K5 Blazers. M1009 do not unless you are fortunate enough to find some brackets at a Youpullit.001.jpg002.jpgI did want to add. they only had quad shocks as an option on the front not rear. Wanted to mention that since the thread is about rear shocks.

Last edited:

redwhiteandblue

They do have Quad shocks on K5 Blazers. M1009 do not unless you are fortunate enough to find some brackets at a Youpullit.View attachment 601041View attachment 601040I did want to add. they only had quad shocks as an option on the front not rear. Wanted to mention that since the thread is about rear shocks.
So you think the part # is correct for a single shock? Could just be Oreiley's misprint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks