• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear window crank

OD green K5

I just received the parts to put the crank back on my tailgate.

Is there a rubber or plastic part that goes between the cast clutch on the crank and the stamped steel bar on the regulator?

I've looked online and can't find it. The gap between the parts looks too big.

If someone has a part number and where to buy if it exists, I would appreciate it.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

I just received the parts to put the crank back on my tailgate.

Is there a rubber or plastic part that goes between the cast clutch on the crank and the stamped steel bar on the regulator?

I've looked online and can't find it. The gap between the parts looks too big.

If someone has a part number and where to buy if it exists, I would appreciate it.

Following because I have the same question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I think the crank has a heavy C clip or snap ring. I have a few cranks let me look. I will follow up with some pictures if you need them. I hope that helps.

OD green K5

I have all the parts associated with the crank including the c clip. Assembled the crank yesterday after watching a couple YouTube videos.

My question is; the window regulator has a narrow stamped steel bar and the clutch on the crank has a wide space between the ears, is there something that takes up this space?

cucvrus

NO that is a T bar and it is supposed to have that free play. I think you are picturing it like a Love Joy joint and it is similar with out the rubber. It has the free play to allow back off and folding of the handle. Hope that helps.

cucvrus

Imagine you have the window up or down in full extension or retraction. You want to fold and stow the handle. With out that slop/free play the handle would not move in either direction to be folded and stowed. Make sense?

cucvrus

And a word or advise. Please oil the bell crank, folding pin and the knob. Use 30 WT motor oil and clean it up on the outside after you lube it. Do it often and you will never have problems with your rear window crank. I have the same ones on several M1009's I own and use them hard on a few. If it cranks up harder then an interior door window it has problems that need addressed. I hope that helps.

OD green K5

Yes. Thanks. Yes, I need to pull the regulator out and lube it.

A new tailgate is in the future. After the military, police department and who know how many POs this one has seen better days.

cucvrus

I have a secret recipe for the side window channel runs. Check out my Terminus M1009 thread. I rebuilt that junk gate and it works and functions very good. The amount of money was minimum and it is as solid as a new one. Not as straight but as solid and fully functional.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks