• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear window felt

chicagodiesel

I've looked at the LMC site and they are charging $50 per channel with the seal. I have the channels and just am finding it hard to fork over 100 dollars for yet another part of this tailgate. I might just pull the channels, head up to an autobody shop and see if the don't have a u-channel that will fit. I'll then add the felt in myself....

What are your plans for it? Ordering from LMC?

Real quick question regarding felt in the channel.

I'm piecing together a new back window for my m1009. I have a tailgate, power regulator/motor, glass, track, etc...

I have just ordered the weatherstripping for the top of the tailgate but was really lost on what if anything went into the channels because the three junkyards and countless Blazers I have looked at have nothing in them. Go figure.

Thanks to this thread and all of you I now know I need felt in those channels. My question is the channel is 3 sided. One side to the front of the truck, one toward the outside, and one to the rear. Does the felt simply go on the outside wall or does it go on all three? I'm all about the adhesive felt (double it up with some spray adhesive in the channel as well), but want to make sure I'm applying it correctly as I never ever want to go looking for this glass again.

Thanks so much.

I'd take a pic, but my channels are just bare metal. Not much to see there.

I picked up some foam weather striping in a roll form Home Dopey. Its about 1/4" wide and has adhesive on one side. Used a bit of 3m spray adhesive for added stick, and layed it down on two sides (front and back).

This was about a month ago, and no problems yet.

I looked everywhere for a felt material with a rubber back that i could lay down in the channel, but couldnt find the right thickness. everything I found waas too thick. I have heard that the felt used on speaker boxes is a suiteable alternative, but have no first had experience.

chicagodiesel

Found em on JC Whitney for 35...I'm gonna do this one correctly as I cannot fathom my personal hatred if I broke that window.

Tailgate rear window channel felt: 1JA 193470 35.99 + shipping and tax.