• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Recoverd Ft Indiantown gap

a68cudas

Well here are cpl pics i took of the m1009 i just picked up this Monday from Ft Indiantown Gap. Shes pretty solid needs cpl places patched. I plan on changing all fluids and filters. Batteries seem good one looks new has new terminals on wires. They hold charge good. one of the dual exhaust was new no rust. Tires have decent tread but need new they are dry rotted. Body is solid has 3 small rust areas im gonna cut out and replace here in spring and 2 on inside of. Underneath is pretty clean gonna wire wheel metal etch and por15 it. Inside cargo floor is solid has some surface rust on that will get cleaned up and repainted with rest of inside of cab and i plan on repainting outside as well here this spring. Engine and drive train are solid has been starting up no probs in this 19 - 26 degree weather we have been having. Seats are in great shape. Dash pad needs replace has one big crack where it split from exposure of sun and nothing on it to protect it. Found tag in engine compartment says was serviced in Nov 08. Have question has a full tank of diesel in it what type of additive can i add to it because of that full tank sitting?

Attachments

4bogginchevys

Power service additive @ napa. if it'll run through one full tank your probably good with filter changes then. (if the filter fills full of shmag from the cleaning propeties of PS then it wont be as easy) ...

Last edited:

spartan_185

Congrats on the 1009! I really like that variant. Do you plan on doing anything else past repairing and repainting? Lift tires etc...? Im with 4bogginchevys on the filter change. It never hurts to do that after setting for an extended period of time.

a68cudas

Congrats on the 1009! I really like that variant. Do you plan on doing anything else past repairing and repainting? Lift tires etc...? Im with 4bogginchevys on the filter change. It never hurts to do that after setting for an extended period of time.

No i dont think im gonna lift it probably just go with 33s i have bought BF Goodrich ATs in past for other vehicles and i like them a lot there a good tire. New shocks and have tranny looked at by friend that works at rebuild shop, wouldnt mind rebuilding he said the 400s are easy to work on and cheap rebuild. Im gonna order a center console for it and need to get a spare tire in there, it did not come with spare need to find a rim somewhere any suggestions?

90b2

How did you get the truck for Ft Indiantown Gap? I work there full time and drive by a fenced in area full of old trucks and blazers all the time wondering how to get one lol.