• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Recovery in Jeff City, MO

bbbang

I went this morning with my son and a buddy to pick up my 1986 M1009 in Jefferson City, Missouri, I purchased from G.L. It was 1 degree when I left and 2 degrees an hour and half latter when I got to the base. Had trouble with my 2008 Chevy duramax due to cold, (fuel filter) and had to opt for my friends 2002 Dodge Cummins, and when we got to Jeff City, we had trouble with the Dodge (water pump) due to the cold. The M1009 however started up with no problem at 2 degrees and I drove it right up on the trailer, strapped it down and hauled it home. Everything works and it appears to be in great and well maintained condition. The N.G. unit just got Humvee's and so turned the CUCV's in. I could not be more pleased with the vehicle and the folks at Jeff City were very nice to deal with. I am posting several pictures. One in paticular was something I would like to take home, but I don't think it would fit on my trailer. I will let you guess what it was. The Missouri river was fozen wtih big chuncks of ice. It was fun but cold day, when nothing but the M1009 wanted to work very well. Chris

Attachments

bbbang

Jeff City Recovery

Here are some pictures of some things that will be upcoming for sale in Jeff City, if someone is interested. Also found out that the Forest Service came in and took almost all of the Deuce's they had to be sold, to make fire trucks out of them. Enjoy. Chris

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's see, the most common item in all of the photos was the fence, that's it, you wanted the fence!! But seriously, nice M1009 and nice pics. Kind of ironic, you buy a 22 year old truck for a fraction of what your Chevy and your friends Dodge cost, and it starts and runs the best, and not to mention, probably looks the best! Good luck!

bbbang

They wouldn't let me inside the fence to shoot pictures, or anywhere near the tanks. Probably smart on their part, but I think I have an honest face. Chris

bbbang

They seem to generally be good units. The one I purchased and the other ones in that group of m1009's in early December all went in the mid $2k's. Chris

BobM

Nice buy. And I could see perfectly well thru that fence. ;-)
With the prices I am hearing, my $540 1008 was a pretty good buy. I don't mind telling the price, 'cause I'm not planning on selling!:-D
And at Ft Mead and Drexel Gardens/Stout Field I had that much fun just drooling over the stuff I didn't get!
Thanks for taking the pics. I'm sure there are many of us enjoying them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks