• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 replacement seatbelts

ajsmith184

So my M1009 passenger side front seatbelt seems dead...Wont retract at all...Is this something available in the aftermarket? Where should I look? Would consider used, but afraid it will be as bad as this one..if anyone has a pass side, let me know...

I'm along for the ride on this thread.
I have the same question, my uppers are a little finicky, and the plastic on the lower parts are broken and there is a small tear in one.
And LMC only has listings for Burbans and 73-75 K5's. :?

bchesley

I have a front set that I would part with. My 09 has late 90's power front seats that have built in belts so I dont need them anymore. PM me an address and we can work out a price and shipping.

Brad

seat belts

I have access to two or three cucvs I will check and see if any have good belts and report back if they do. to be honest I was looking at Oreilly's and they have a few inexpensive black bucket seats I was planning on putting in my 09 also.

hatzie

I've seen several posts on getting these repaired on the 73-87 section of the 67-72 chevytrucks board. They replaced the webbing too so it was $$$$$.

If the clock spring isn't broken and the mechanism isn't a rusted lump... I'd try locking the belt fully extended. Then clean the retractor with Kerosene and a toothbrush. Dry it off and Re-lube with a good spray silicone like Wurth HHS2000/HHS-K.

stationjj

I went with seat belts from LMC. Pricey yes, but they are new and fit good.
I don't like the idea of used safety equipment. That's just me.

My thoughts,

stationjj

CycleJay

ThunderCracker,

I am in the same boat as you... But I need the 3 seat belts sets for the rear seat,
the fronts are okay for now. But the rear seatbelts are toast.

Just my 2cents

Yeah my front ones are junk, but atleast click and hold. The rear are toast and I need to replace they so my daughter can hitch a ride in the green monster. I may have to do what stationjj did and get new ones from LMC.

forest522

I bought a set from Amazon, Allstar brand, as I recall...about $56 each (model #ALL98115) Less than the LMC ones.

Basically, they work, but I don't like them. They look good and hold/retract well. but are too long and hang very loose on the upper bar. Without a passenger and the windows down, I have to buckle the passenger seat belt in to keep it from flapping around.

I don't have experience with the LMC belts, but I do with the bargain one's on Amazon...don't buy them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks