• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rolling up on 100,000 miles... any sugestions for keeping it rolling?

edpdx

In the last four years- since I've owned it: Transmission filters, fluids pick-up tube seals. Oil and B6 filters, New OEM fuel filters, Added sound deadner to doors, tailgate, cargo panels, new glow plugs, new injectors, and hoses. New belts and hoses. New heater core and hoses. New Radiator. New tires. New Rack, new off road Hellas. MRE 24 Volt Heater. CB, Antenna, Scanner, antenna, Dash speakers, floor padding, mats, new seats from S10. New Cluster lamps, new temp gauge. New compass, New dash, new dash mat. Colored dash, seats, doors and new Console (civvy model) with matched burgundy paint. New seals and regulator in Tailgate. New stereo and rear ammo can speakers. Brakes, rotors, drums, shoes, and Warn hub replacement. New Police scanner, new paint. New Wilson Starters and Alternators, and finally.... wait for it... The Doghead Starter Relay Modification.

Yes, I dropped a few bucks on it.

I must have had twenty bucks taken out of there in the past six years, ya know. Don't sound like much, but it adds up, ya know.
-Rocky Balboa

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would advise checking the u-joints, and make sure your batteries are fully charged. Weak batteries can deprive your glow plugs of needed power. Is your fan clutch in good shape? Do you see any seepage from the water pump? Is the power steering pump in good shape? Have you checked the rear axle shaft seals? Are your windshield wiper arms still working well?

Last edited:

rsh4364

Sounds like you have done pretty good on your own,I would add oil press.gauge and do a compression check,maybe trans. temp gauge.And you should show some picts of rack and offroad light set-up. Keep up the good work. My 1009 approaching 95k,bought it with 64k,getting ready to replace IP soon.Also if you havnt done the headlight wireing harness upgrade you should.And since you are a Hella type of guy look at Hellas#HLA-003427291,they are awesome and take a HB2 bulb.So no more sealed beam headlights.I have them in 2 of my vehicles,work great.

Last edited: