• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 roof Q

l1a1man

I am trying to find two of the round rubber gaskets that are where the radio antenna wire feeds through from the outside to the inside. I can't locate these parts in the manuals. Anyone know the proper name of these and where to get them? Thanks

ida34

They pop up on Ebay once in a while. I have some. They came in a GM wrapper but I do not recall the number.

Westech

CPL
I bet Mc Mastercar has them..... I would look there or just do a search on the net for wire grommets. I'm sure you can find something that will work.. there not a "military only part".

mistaken1

Tm 9-2320-289-20p

figure 202. Radio and antenna brackets (m1009).

Item no - 2
smr code - paozz
cagec - 11862
part no - 15599990
description and usable on codes (uoc) - grommet,nonmetallic uoc:209
qty - 2

Someone said look here:
Rubber Bushings

What size is your opening? (diameter and depth)

longda

Horrible thread title BTW! Anyone been able to find these lately? Mine appear to be original and are severely deteriorated or gone completely.

67_C-30

I looked all around for some of these, and even ordered some that were wrong. I made some out of Delrin at work. I went out to the M1009, jotted down the dimensions for the grommets and just made some that match them perfectly. All the rubber is painted with CARC on my truck anyway, so I'm just going to paint them. I made them short enough to press one on the outside and inside of the top to make appear like they are stock grommets. Unfortunately, I'm out of these too. We are real busy at works, so I'm not sure when I can make more.

Attachments

blackhueys

I just bought 2 rubber furniture feet caps same as what goes on the base of a cane about 2 bucks and any hardware store should have them. A dab of silicone to seal them and been leak free for over a year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks