• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 RUG install

panzerwillie

Well finally got to install a factory style rug in my 1009 with insulation , i got the rug on friday it saids to take it out the box and let it sit for 72hrs, well i wich i had that munch time wated to do it this mornig , started by removing all the seats and clean the metal floor follow by FATCAT insulation prety easy to do , then i went foward with the install, was not to bad would have being easier if i hadsomeone to help me and if i had remove the 4x4 shifter from the foor as well my computer stand leg, but over all was not to bad it took me 6 hours by my self and the instructions said it will look even better after a wile of driving, will do the back have after i fix the tailgate, over all cost...
1- rug $280 shipped
2-isulation $120 {got lots left over for rear}
here are some pictures
IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

combatmech

Looks great!! Does you truck leak rain water like most everyone else? Mine had something like it. I wasted no time in removing it, truck had been leaking a lot and standing water is not good for the floor pan.

pistonium

Looks great! have you had a chance to assess how much (if any) difference in noise there is? Do you think the $$ for the insulation is worth it?

tnttnt187

I'm jealous:mrgreen: Looks like it turned out to be a nice fit.I would pose and do the same install but like combatmech got the same water issues. I have been able to chase some of the leaks down but all these M1009 probably need new seals everywhere.Also, thanks for the pics.

panzerwillie

thanks for the coments,the matt came with some rug style insulation , but the fatcat since it had adhesive and you can cut it to fit good was a better choice at least for me, after driving it for a while is munch quieter, will se when i do the rest

idM1028

Looks good. I'd like to quiet mine down a bit, but with my constantly muddy/dirty boots and all its probably gonna get the "herculiner and rubber floor mat" treatment.

panzerwillie

that was another option for me, but being a 500 mile a week driver on this i needed insulation especially that i'm planing a A/C in a month or 2 , just have not found the driver side A/C brackets like the ones on a M1010....

niferous

I've been told that if you use Line-X or Rhino Liner that it can also reduce the noise and heat. What I'm going to try and do is put down Lizard Skin sound insulation and then have Line-X sprayed over that. Then all seals replaced and insulation under the hood. I'll probably do the Lizard Skin all the way up the firewall behind the dashboard as well.

idM1028

That's cool. I personally like a little bit of noise on my truck. Not so much, that I go deaf (I'm gonna lay down soundproofing one of these days :mrgreen:) but not so little that I mash the skinny pedal and am wondering if anything happened. It makes things interesting. I saw a good thread a few weeks back (at the most) I believe the truck was a M1009. Maybe used/owned by the Air Force. From what it looked and sounded like, they did the Roscoe 12V conversion with one alternator (http://www.roscommonequipmentcenter.com/news_notes/nn10.pdf) If I recall corretctly, the other alt was swapped out with an AC compressor. Might be something worth looking into. If you can find an AC compressor and a buddy that's decent at welding, I'd say just make your own bracket and go for it.

ssdvc

Panzerwillie, is that carpet or rubber flooring? Who did you purchase it from?

panzerwillie

I think fabricating the brackets its good option, but there so many out there its just a matter of time before i find them, thanks for the post on the 12 V

M1A96819

Great thread. Looks OEM.

Thanks for posting your photos as well. Always wondered about the option of installing carpet or under coating the whole inside of the M1009.

Mahalo's for sharing.[thumbzup]

rod

I did the same exact thing as in this post except I added a layer of the foil bubble wrap insulation betwwen the bottom layer and the rubber mat. The floor in the M1009 is as cool as it can be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks