• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Seat bolt sizes

diehardcorvetteman

Hi all. I am curious what size bolts are needed to secure the seats to the mounts and, subsequently, to the floor. My driver's seat is the only one bolted down at the moment, the previous owner removed the passenger seat and rear seat but didn't include the bolts in the sale.
I did some checking in the forums and, to be honest, 700 pages of posts felt like a bit much to dig through, and looking through TMs produced no results

diehardcorvetteman

LOL Cucvnut, I did think of that, however you can imagine my concern if one of the existing ones has a "problem" on the way out.

Thank you doghead, I suppose a bit more reading on my part might have found that. :)

Feros Ferio

I don't have seats at all because they were stolen

Take the bolt out and go to the hardwear store and match up the bolt ?
I bought a corbeau drivers seat and their double locking brackets thinking they would bolt right in. Nope. So I got a pair of non power seat brackets with no fasteners. Would you mind telling me the bolt sizes? Looks like one side is smaller than the other and all that link told me is that it's a shear bolt. Thanks!

Ryan

Last edited:

cucvrus

3/8" - 16 NC into the floor pan where the pedestals mount. The seat tracks are 5/16" x 18 NC and the seats are mounted to the track with 5/16" X 18 NC bolts. I have been using seats from brand new GM vans and the 4 bolt seat pattern still matches to the tracks but I must use M8 x 1.25 bolts to mount the never seats. M1009 rear seat hinges are mounted to the floor pan with 1/2" x 13 NC bolts. Good Luck. The seat belt are standard and metric. I seen them both ways. Hardware stores have nice thread gauges and will let you borrow them or just buy a bolt close and try it before buying all of them. Good Luck. I hope that helps you out with out reading the desk reference manual.

Feros Ferio

Are two of the holes that fasten the front seat pedastals to the floor smaller than the others or is that an optical illusion?

3/8" - 16 NC into the floor pan where the pedestals mount. The seat tracks are 5/16" x 18 NC and the seats are mounted to the track with 5/16" X 18 NC bolts. I have been using seats from brand new GM vans and the 4 bolt seat pattern still matches to the tracks but I must use M8 x 1.25 bolts to mount the never seats. M1009 rear seat hinges are mounted to the floor pan with 1/2" x 13 NC bolts. Good Luck. The seat belt are standard and metric. I seen them both ways. Hardware stores have nice thread gauges and will let you borrow them or just buy a bolt close and try it before buying all of them. Good Luck. I hope that helps you out with out reading the desk reference manual.

cucvrus

All of the bolts in the floor pan of the M1009 that pertain to the seats are 3/8" 16 NC. I do not recall any other size. The seat belt bolts vary. Most are M12 X 1.75. Hope that helps. If it were me. I would buy a tap and clean and oil the threads really well before I seat the new bolts. Cost about $7. at most. Worth every cent. Good Luck.