• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 sitting uneven.

pidgeon

Hi All,

I've tried looking for this but no hits on "lopsided olive green beast) came up in search ;)

For some reason my passenger side is about an inch or so lower than my drivers. Doesn't seem to effect anything, but it's always been like this. I replaced all the shocks, still the same. The leafs don't seem out of the ordinary (no cracks, not nothing). It's really noticeable from the rear of the truck, not so much from the front.

I know on my old truck (one of them, either my diesel LUV or the ford, I forget which one) I could adjust the ride height slightly to even out situations like this. Any idea how I can get rid of the lean and is it an indication of something wrong? It's always been like this, so it's nothing particularly new, I'm just slowly working through the list.

-beth

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds typical. Measure each corner at the bumpstops to figure out what corner is lowest and by , how much. Sometimes the springs just settle diffferently or bad bushings cause a loss of height. If the front bumpstops measure equal between both sides and the rear does too, look for frame issues or missing/rotted body mounts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fat bottomed girls
You make the rockin' world go round
Hey
I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad
But I knew love before I left my nursery, huh
Left alone with big fat fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me

More lyrics: Queen Lyrics

ABN173

You guys can't be dumb enough to think that the batteries are the reason for the lean, can you?! What happens when you have a passenger in the passenger's seat? Does the truck flip over. Did you all take the short bus to school?

Dang GR you were in rare form last night........brutal

Now I'm just waiting on somebody to say yes they did ride the short bus, and that their favorite flavor of window is cherry.

gunboy1656

Might have belonged to the 300+ pound female active duty major I saw in Iraq. And people complain about the Guard.

And I was not a fan of the cherry ones, I liked strawberry.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang GR you were in rare form last night........brutal

Now I'm just waiting on somebody to say yes they did ride the short bus, and that their favorite flavor of window is cherry.

Do they make a breathalyzer switch for keyboards, like the ones the court puts in your cars?:idea: