• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009/Snow Day part deux..Few elk pics

TyJustice

Just thought I would share a little part of my day.

Dog thought he was brave...The herd just stared at him...He stops looks back at me and is unsure as to what to do next!! He then turns high tail and runs back to me. :lol:

Obligatory MV pic as well..Enjoy

Attachments

ctmustang

That sure is my idea of how to spend a day off work. I think I'll take a lil ride like that this weekend -without the snow as I guess well have to wait til next year for snow. Thanks for sharing the pics.
CT

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah I never seen an elk out in the woods when I have a gun. If I don't have a gun they are all over. I bagged one this year from my front porch cause he just was in love with the pear tree in my yard.

TyJustice

Yeah I never seen an elk out in the woods when I have a gun. If I don't have a gun they are all over. I bagged one this year from my front porch cause he just was in love with the pear tree in my yard.

Funny to me...Same thing happened to me this year. Scouted three days prior to season and had a nice bull picked out. Season starts........I kid you not, every **** elk in the area had vanished.aua and this:deadhorse:

I try to limit those years as much as possible!:p

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah I feel your pain. I shot this black bear about 200yards behind my house. with my .204 ruger! I was shooting coyotes and she came up. Bullet entered right over her left eye. I took the shot from 120yards with a 32gr winchester ballistic tip.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, she was in the 7/8yr range. It was a pretty large patch, just sucked that I had to cut through it for it to be tanned and to gut her out. I usually dont shoot black bears but she was big 5'11" nose to tail dried and 330lbs. which is good size for a sow.