• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 speedometer bounce

realm

I read the TM's about replacing speedometer cable, adapter, and gear, but do I need to replace all of that, or is there a more common issue I should start with?

My speedo just bounces all over the place on like a 15mph gap... so like between 40 and 55 that speedo is just going all over the place. I thought you could only go all speeds when you exceed Warp10.

GreenBull

Inspect it and as long as its not kinked the speedo cable can be lubricated to solve speado bounce.

Pull the cluster. Using needle nose pliers pull the cable out of its casing (it only comes out from the top). Clean with brake clean and clean shop towel. Lubricate the cable by wiping on a light coat of wheel bearing grease before reinstalling. you don't want to wind up with a blob of grease at the cluster end after reinstalling the cable into the case. A light coating is all that is required. If you want o be slick or there is a lot of dirt in the case you can disconnect the casing from the Tcase and flush the cable casing with brake clean and shop air.

Good luck.

Stonepicker1

Inspect it and as long as its not kinked the speedo cable can be lubricated to solve speado bounce.

Pull the cluster. Using needle nose pliers pull the cable out of its casing (it only comes out from the top). Clean with brake clean and clean shop towel. Lubricate the cable by wiping on a light coat of wheel bearing grease before reinstalling. you don't want to wind up with a blob of grease at the cluster end after reinstalling the cable into the case. A light coating is all that is required. If you want o be slick or there is a lot of dirt in the case you can disconnect the casing from the Tcase and flush the cable casing with brake clean and shop air.

Good luck.
That is what I had to do to mine last year. It fixed the bounce. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks