• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 spots

Dawookie

I have noticed over the past few weeks that i am getting spots on the back of my truck after i drive it around. Has any one had this happen or know what causes it?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil.

Rear main, axle pinion or trans or t case.

panama

I get the same thing...but only on longer drives. I am not 100% sure what it is but I do know I have a small T-case leak.

blackhueys

I had that happen to me before from what I could tell it was coming out the transmission vent. I searched around online for a fix and found out it maybe because the front pump seal was going bad or it could be because of overheating when I drove on the highway as I used to get my 1009 up to about 65 to 75 mph at times. what I did was got some trans fix additive and stopped going so fast so far its been 2 years and no issues fluid is good and at right fill level shifts fine as well, so not sure if the seal was bad or not or just the high mphs causing excessive heat but its stopped.

ssdvc

Mine did the same thing, but only when I drive it from CT to MD, on those types of long drives. It srill does it from time to time, but during the fliud and filter change everything looked normal and clean, so I also think it may have been coming from the vent, as the pan and seal areas are dry/ It's just another thing when dealing with life with the 09.

painter paul

Just replaced the rear axle because the pinion seal (2new ones) wouldn't hold. Too much play in the pinion shaft. Also had an injector return line fall off and that really made a mess!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks