• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Stalling while driving

Pballer71

Yesterday i was driving my M1009 it was running great no problems what so ever then all of a sudden the truck just shut off. So i costed to the side of the road. I tried to start it for a few minutes and it wouldn't start. So after sitting there scratching my head for a few minutes and looking up online what might have happened i read somewhere to dump cold water on the IP. So i dumped a little water on it and tried to start it again. The truck started right up like normal. Then after a few miles on the way home it died again. Tried starting it again and no luck so i dumped more water on the IP and it fired right up and i was able to make it home. So my question is does this mean its time for a new IP or what else could be causing the truck to shut off like it is?

KansasBobcat

AM General factory trouble line told me to put wet cloth on IP when I had hot start problem. It did work but have later read several places that is not a good idea and can cause damage to IP.

edpdx

PBALLER71, Also check all fuel lines for cracks. Probably should look around the filter for any signs of leaking fuel. I've had issues like this where the crack stays closed when cold, but as the rubber heats up and it is more pliable, it starts bouncing around and sucks air into the line as it lets fuel drip out. The ngine becomes fuel starved and dies. The cracks can be hard to spot if you don't bend every inch looking for them.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks