• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Still Won't Start

3dubs

If you need another one to look at let me know. I know having another to look at helped me.

But when I have any electrical problem I take every connection apart and clean it with contact cleaner. My wipers hardly moved but now work great. My headlights got brighter. You can always replace the turn signal relay but I would pull it out and clean it first.

lavarok

Slow signals are usually a sign of additional load on the flasher, such as when a trailer is plugged in with a weak flasher. I would check the bulbs for corrosion and the wiring for any shorts. Fast signals are usually a sign of a bulb out.
Slow signals are usually because your taillight/stop light bulb (1157 on my m1010) is reversed. Take the bulb out, rotate 180, re install.

CUCV85

2 flashers, a few fuses, and bulbs

Ok I got the lights working for the most part. The fuse looked good but I switched it out and it turns out it was bad. So now the lights do work although there are two small hickups. The turn signals on the right (passenger) side blink very slowly but do blink. Also the black out markers on the left (driver's) side don't come on. The ones on the passenger side do. Some idiot painted over the black out driving light but it does come on. I guess I'll break out the paint thinner and see if I can't get that cleaned off.
:arrow:Do what I did, change everything! All fuses, both flashers, all bulbs in dash turn ETC ETC. I also put sylvania silver star headlights in from advance auto parts 20$ ea but worth seeing:!:

Last edited: