• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 tailgate window stuck down, need to find a way to repair crank internals

ClockworkSkin

I have the panel off of the tailgate. I'm fairly certain my crank handle clutch needs replaced but before I can do that I have to figure out how to get the window back up.

The window was rolled down when whatever part it was that failed, failed. I cannot find a way inside the tailgate to repair/replace. I think I remembered reading someone else who has had this problem in the past but site searches and google searches are not turning anything up. Has anyone else been in this same situation?

Thanks in advance.

ARYankee

Last edited:

ClockworkSkin

Thanks for the reply. My problem is not fixing the broken clutch but getting access to it in order to fix it. The window is down so when I take the cover off of the tailgate, there is a piece of glass between me and crank assembly. I do not know how to get the window up.

ARYankee

There are some screws holding the window to the raising assembly. Remove them and you can prop the window up temporarily.