• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Throttle Cable

mutt1966

When I replaced the Injection Pump the throttle cable end bushing had slipped out of the cable end/eye and is now useless, I'd need too replace it but cant find any info or a part number for it, in the pics it is the distorted black grommet, the sleeve fits inside that and it is slipped on the smaller stepped part on the pump linkage, any help is appreciated. Thanks Scott O&O

Attachments

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its all part of the throttle cable, don't believe its sold seperately. Last time I needed one it took a trip to the local salvage yard.
Maybe someone here has one for sale. Good Luck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cables are easily found with the GM part number in the -20PTM.

Dorman makes a replacement cable too.

I'm not sure if that rubber part comes with a new cable. The pics on Rock Auto did not show it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet Hawkman would have a used one. He'll be at Gilbert in 2 weeks.

mutt1966

Ok thanks for the help I got a line on one thats NOS but I have to wait for them to get back to me, I tried the junk yard route thought I mite get lucky but only found a 6.2 in a step van and that cable wouldnt fit also found one made by Pioneer auto will try to get the guys at NAPA to cross the numbers for me. I'll let ya know how that works out, Ill give Dan aka Hawkman a call hes only a few miles from me if I can get up there with all the flooding. Scott O&O

48cj2a

Could you go to the hardware store and get a rubber grommet close and insert the metal sleeve in the center in the interim until you get a cable?

dstang97

Go to gm and buy a new one for 30 bucks. Aftermarket Chinese ones do not fit correctly i have already been down this road

mutt1966

I gave NAPA the GM part number 14038644 and he's getting me one from GM Ill have it by Monday, they didnt have a pic so Ill have to wait and see. Scott O&O

Hasdrubal

Resurrecting this thread. No luck in Canada with throttle cable GM part number 14038644 from a dealer. Tried GM parts direct, no listing for part or number. Anyone source one out lately? Dont want to go the Chinese route, rather find a good used one if new is no longer available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks