• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 tinted windows

Mike_Pop

I just added a rear factory tinted window to my M1009 today. Having the sides and rear tinted will keep the truck cooler in the desert and it will keep prying eyes off of my work tools. It will also add some privacy when I sleep in the back of the truck.

Yes, I have pictures but I left the camera in the M1009.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had the windows of ours tinted the darkest they had for my Son's graduation present as he drives it and I have to say the vehicle looks good camo and tinted

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mike_Pop said:
Yes, I have pictures but I left the camera in the M1009.
Good thing the windows are tinted. Now nobody will break in to steal it ;) I had always planned to add the factory rear sliders to my M1009 top. The extra ventilation would have been nice since opening the rear window just filled the truck with dust and diesel smoke.

JohnFire

RE: Re: M1009 tinted windows

The dust and Diesel smoke are M1009's fresh air. :D I consider that air conditioning, too. Plus you notice the heat less when you have CO poisoning, LOL 8)

Mike_Pop

Mike,

Before I had the sliders, I would open the rear window a little to let air in. Unfortunately, all it did was let in diesel exhaust!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mike_Pop said:
Mike,

Before I had the sliders, I would open the rear window a little to let air in. Unfortunately, all it did was let in diesel exhaust!
I drove from WV to MD to see a GF while in college. It was the middle of summer so I drove the entire 5 hours with all windows open including the rear. By the time I got there I was soaked in sweat and covered in soot. I had a black ring-around-the-collar that bleach wouldn't touch!! :p

mangus580

What I had thought migth work nicely, is to tint the windows kinda like a city bus 'wrap'. That would camo the window over, matching the body paint, but still let you see out through them.

M1075

mangus580 said:
What I had thought migth work nicely, is to tint the windows kinda like a city bus 'wrap'. That would camo the window over, matching the body paint, but still let you see out through them.
That sounds like a good idea. I never thought of that approach.

AJMBLAZER

M1075 said:
So, does anyone have any pics of their M1009 with tinted windows? I have been considering it, but just not sure about the look. Your input and pics are appreciated.
Look 4 posts above yours.

I'd like to tint Big Ugly's rear window but I'm waiting to do it when I put in a sliding rear window.

CR99

here is my M1009 with a limo tint. It is dark as hell and looks good, but you can't see a thing out of it at night bc its so dark...just FYI

Attachments

Michael

You would never get an inspection sticker in Mississippi with that limo tint. All of the people who do inspections had to buy a meter to actually test how much light will go through them. Factory tint is exempt so a lot of vehicles will fail with after market tint that is lighter than the same vehicle with factory tint. It doesn't make sense but it is the law here.

It would be interesting to know if you replaced your windows with salvaged factory tinted ones would you still be exempt.

BigB84

cr99: your tint looks really cool. All the rear windows would fly around here, but the fronts would be a little too dark. We have to have 40% visability out of the front. Any trouble see at night? Did you have to remove any paint from rear window mouldings? If so, what did you use? And lastly, did you paint your door handles black or did you replace them? Again!!! Very cool MV, in my opinion!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks