• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Torqeconverter type

lvser

Well my trans went out of my M1009 and I'm pulling it right now to get it rebuilt it will be done by a friend that had done trans at G.M. for years I need to know if these torqes are a varable pitch or lock up. I have a brand new torqe for a 454 big block with a 400 turbo four wheel drive same year still in the box from an earlyer project truck thought maybe I could get off a little cheap by using it and any response would be a big help. :?

lvser

Thanks for the reply's ccattlet1984

A thanks for the reply ccattlet1984 I also found some info last night 1400 RPM for diesle and 1800 RPM for gas but I'm will be running 38's shortly so the higher stall may be a plus still pondering the gear swap for diffs getting 22 MPG right now with stock geartrain and 35's but it's hard to build a daily driver even worse when it's your only driver whitch gets 1000 miles a week......but thanks for all the help