• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 towing an M105A2 trailer..

indy4x4fab

Banned
The only thing Jeremyk5 uses his m105 for is a tent at rallies. it has his queen size bed in it and the spare tire, with the over night bags. HE DOESN'T USE IT FOR HEAVY HAULING, that's what his 1989 k30 crew cab is for. If you will be using your m105 as a camper then your fine to haul it with your m1009, if not the then look at a m101a2 or a3, as well as the m416.

Attachments

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Mike68, Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, at least I did ask.

By the way, the only trailer I would still like to get is an M416, or some close variant of it.
I do not want to tow an incorrect trailer for it.

I was only asking about an M105 pull, because I do not remember if it could be done or not.

And the reason I asked now, and did not search was because I had to act fast, since I recently ran across an opportunity,
to trade/barter to get my hands on an M105, that if I was able to get it, and safely pull it home just that one time.

I could pass it along to one of you guys, maybe in exchange for a trailer I could safely use,
or sell it at a fair price so I can get a trailer I could use with my M1009.
If I could have pulled it home safely, it would of only been that ONE time, just to get it home. Sheesh.

I was not planning on keeping it, because I have seen those trailers in person, and they are way too big for an M1009.
But since you guys tell me it would NOT be safe, then I would NOT of tried.
I do NOT want to cause any injury, death or damage. I would of found some other safe way to bring it home safely.

As it turns out, I lost out on the opportunity anyway, so no sense in worrying about it now.

But thanks for all the helpful information, despite all the flak.

My apologies to all of you, I will think twice about asking a question here in the future, before searching.

BUT if any of you ever have a question you would like to ask, feel free..
I would be glad to help you out and answer if I can, even if you did not search for an answer first.

God bless all of you...

Last edited: