• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 trailer question

Scottsman

Thanks AC. I'm in Butler PA. I would like to stay in touch if I need some help. Perhaps schedule to meet so you can look her over; make recommendations. I'm a newbie as I said and hope i'm not over my head with this purchase but i'm a quick learner. Going to Gainesville GA tomorrow to pick up the M1009 and driver her home. Mechanic says everything looks good for the trip... fingers crossed. Pretty excited about this overall.

acmunro

Good luck on your trip. I would like to get together somtime that would be cool. They are easy to work on
once you get an understanding about them. My wife used to work in and drive to Annandale/Boyers area for work
every day. Not too far from Butler.

ETBaals

The Blazer, M1009 pintel is only rated at 1200 pull and 200 tounge.
If you look at how it is attached to the truck, you will see why so low. The only thing holding it on is the bumper and a small 1 inch squar hollow metal tube.
When they first came out, i used to see them around Fort Dix with the rear bumper ripped off. There was a MWO out about not towing anything but the M416 with them. To be safe you can easily put on a class three hitch, it is a dorect bolt on.
Ernie