• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Transfer Case Replacement

broknindarkagain

From what I gather my M1009 has the NP208 trasfer case. Well the bolts that hold the drivesaft to the transfer case came loose while offroading and the driveshaft hit the case cracking it....so I need to find a replacement.

What other transfer cases will offer a direct drop in replacement that requires no modifications? My objective is to just get my M1009 up and running again (currently puking ATF out of the transfer case crack) so I'm not too picky on what case it is as long as its a direct drop in.

Thanks

rsh4364

Nothing wrong with a well maintained 208,but the the 241 has 2.72 gearing vs 2.61 for the 208. 241 has an oil pump to feed top of case also. And if offroading a lot,241 aftermarket parts are more available. If you go with an old 241 I would install new oil pump,just to be sure.

Last edited: