• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 Transmission Mount

firecontrol86

So I was going through the LMC book and ordering motor/ transmission mounts and various other things, and they arrived yesterday. So I decided to start looking the project and just get some ideas on where and how to start. Long story short I saw the trans mounts that are on it now and realized the one I got wasn't the right one. Apparently even though my truck is an '86, it still uses the '73-84 style rubber mounts. Lesson learned, next time look at the part I'm going to replace before ordering.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the CUCVs where built to 1984 stardards. They did not receive the upgrades that the Civvy trucks received.

So whatever year of CUCV you are working on, the parts should be ordered for a 1984.

This has been covered many, many times. You are not the first and WILL NOT be the last to make this booboo.

Last edited: