• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Transmission TH400 Help

frodobaggins

Thinking about looking at a M1009 with a busted transmission.
Says reverse works but no forward gears.

I don't know anything about these.
If I had to replace the transmission do I need to look for a special type
of TH400, or does it matter ?

Also, what's the going rate on a good used pull ?

Thanks !

southdave

Frodo
I believe that they are built for that application, (valve bodies and solenoids)they are not the same as the ones built in the seventies. they are heavier build than (industrial). FYI TH400 where installed in Ferrari and lambo in the mid seventies till the early eighties. remember reading some where.

Strad

I blew my foward gears getting stuck in the mud. I had to replace the foward clutches since reverse only worked. My suggestion to you is get a rebuild kit and get it fixed for 250. I would not pay more than that to get that tranny fixed. Oh and install it back yourself. If not, you're asking for 400-700 to resolve the trans issue.

kipman

Simple, basic, will take much abuse, been around for a long time because they are good trannys, I agree with the posts, if you can pull it, you can fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks