• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Unit Markings

cmroles

I'm just curious if anybody could identify the unit markings on my M1009. The only thing I can really find on it is the number "UO22" stenciled on the front and rear. Its black lettering on a white background on the lpassenger side of the tailgate and on the passenger side of the front bumper.

I bought the truck private party (already titled) so I never saw any of the original paperwork.

Thanks!

Patattack

the passenger side on the front or divers rear side tell u the corps, division, brigade or oraganization, that the vihicle was assined to, the right front tell us the admin # of the vehcle of the unit it was in. the admin # isnt going to tell u what unit it was in. like [A100] that just the # to identify the truck. the pass front or drivers read side would tell u were it was assined too , ill give u a exaple [434 fa], thats 434 field artillery brigade or [501 SDBE, 194 CSSB] that tell u the brigade and the battian it was in. so if u want too know, find the one on the drivers rear or pass front side and do a goole seach on it. it might be hard to find cuz some times they paint over them. hope this helps

cmroles

the passenger side on the front or divers rear side tell u the corps, division, brigade or oraganization, that the vihicle was assined to, the right front tell us the admin # of the vehcle of the unit it was in. the admin # isnt going to tell u what unit it was in. like [A100] that just the # to identify the truck. the pass front or drivers read side would tell u were it was assined too , ill give u a exaple [434 fa], thats 434 field artillery brigade or [501 SDBE, 194 CSSB] that tell u the brigade and the battian it was in. so if u want too know, find the one on the drivers rear or pass front side and do a goole seach on it. it might be hard to find cuz some times they paint over them. hope this helps
There used to be something on the driver-side of the tailgate buts its painted over pretty well....

edpdx

cmroles, My Blazer had a few layers of paint over the old stenciled in numbers. I used a sanding sponge from Harb. Frght.and took even strokes until it was exposed enough to read it.

cmroles

cmroles, My Blazer had a few layers of paint over the old stenciled in numbers. I used a sanding sponge from Harb. Frght.and took even strokes until it was exposed enough to read it.
Great idea! I may give that a try to see what turns up. This thing needs a fresh CARC-job anyways.

762luver

Another Unit Marking

My front bumper passenger side reads 42I-50 SBM
My front bumper drivers side reads B-17

From the research I've done it means 42 Infantry, B Company 17th vehicle.

I would like to know what the "50" and the "SBM" represent to get more history on how the vehicle was used.

Thanks!

Attachments

Sajer

Mine was painted a few times , but I found a business card of a Michael Emmart Special Security Officer based at camp bondsteel in Kosovo in the glove box. Tried to look him up, but no luck so far.

The card was dated 2001.