• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 up for auction in Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag7720

uh... sorry I let everyone know about a vehicle that could be had inexpensively

..."easily" is relative and these are active not upcoming.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It is ok to talk about auctions after they end. Not untill then. Some chatter is allowed on rare trucks but thats about it. Don't get your feelings hurt, we are just helping you with the forum rules.

jag7720

No feelings were hurt... didn't know the rule existed (no I don't need a link)... having said that, seems kind of counter productive and pointless.

Not trying to buck the rule but not EVERYONE can get to Indiana and not everyone wants every vehicle or knows where to look for them.

Case in point.... when I wanted an M1009, I didn't know where to find them on auction. I ended up getting one off ebay (paid a little too much) and later come to find that all these govt' auctions exist when I didn't have any more money and wasn't in the market.

Seems like this forum is also here to let the people interested in these vehicles know where they are available. We all search the web but we all don't know where to search or what to search on. I just happened on that site today and I work at the GSA.

now that EVERYONE knows... its not so inexpensive. That is why the rule exists.
That one is still $25

Oh, well. I'll keep it all to myself in the future.

Thanks

Just a thought is there a way to make the submit tab for posting have a flasshy warning pop up when first hit giving the user a warning about not posting current/upcoming auctions before given the opportunity to hit the submit button again and making the post online? This problem seems to come up alot and there really doesn't seem to be a good way of addressing the problem other than people flaming the guy. I'm not a computer wizzard but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Other ideas?

K45

I honestly did not know about this rule. This might be a good think to do a forced read when people sign up to read that rule before they are active so they know. I have no clue about this Indiana thing myself and would know how to get to anyways. i can not even find the one for my state :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.