• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986Blazerk5

THIS IS NOT A WANT OR FOR SALE AD

I want to sell my M1009 because the injection pump is leaking and i don't want to spend the money on it anymore. It has a new water pump, new lower and upper radiator hose, oil pan and freeze plug heater, new glow plugs about 8 months ago, new starter less than 6 month old, a jvc kdr 600 head unit with i pod control, jbl 6x9 speakers in the rear and 3.5 inch Polk audio in the dash, it has off roading lights on the front bumper, 2 new auto zone batteries. a custom center console (design from DXTAC) the trans shifts great, new u joints, new front brakes and bearings, the back window goes up and down the tailgate is a aftermarket one that is powered. it also has some other misc. stuff like 12v power outlet. I started great and drives just the injection pump is leaking. It also has a electronic fuel pump to replace the mechanical one

I would look at KBB But there dates do not go back to 86

Thanks for the replys

ABN173

Well there are many factors involved(don't answer these they are just things to consider):
What did originally pay for it?
How much money have you put into it?
(I would not expect much in the way of time reimbursement especially since you have the IP issues)
How much do you think it will cost to repair or have repaired?
Does it have clean title?
For a private sale I would not ask more than 4k for one that does not need any major work....well not if I wanted to sleep at night anyway.

Without seeing pictures or giving it a once over in person I think you are going to be looking in the neighborhood of $2000-3000 since it has issues. Personally these will be getting scarce in the future I would just hang onto it but that's just me. Anyway good luck.

-Dale

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think rust is the biggest factor. Anyone can throw in a $300 replacement motor fo fix the IP problem, but if it has rust that's alot bigger fix that will definately affect the final value.

Alredneck

Banned
OK whats a pristine M1009 going for these days? Not highjacking just trying to compare some of the differences.

Also would a 12V conversion add to or decrease values?

1986Blazerk5

I think rust is the biggest factor. Anyone can throw in a $300 replacement motor fo fix the IP problem, but if it has rust that's alot bigger fix that will definately affect the final value.
The frame has the usual rust but the rest of the body has no rust holes or surface rust except the hood has a rust spot less than 1x1 inch but other than that and the frame no rust

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without looking closely at it, with the bad IP, and assuming it has less than 100K miles, I'd say in Michigan right now you'd be lucky to get $3000.

markg

OK whats a pristine M1009 going for these days? Not highjacking just trying to compare some of the differences.

Also would a 12V conversion add to or decrease values?
i had an 86 m1009 with 3600 miles. it was as nice as new, still had the original 10-15 rubber, no cracks in the dash. smelled new. i got 7500 for it . i think 12v conversion hurts it.

Incredilion

I was going to sell my 1009, had it on craigslist & on here at $3500.00. 97K miles, no rust, a great rig. Ended up liking it so much I am keeping it & buying another one, recovering from Nellis as soon as my EUC is approved. (yes my wife hates me)
I would price your truck at $3500+ & make sure you have room to barter....

DokWatson

I think you would be happier just saving up to get it fixed, then decide if you want to sell it or not. You aren't going to get what you want for it when it needs a vital fuel system component replaced, lets be realistic here.

calanosz

There are M1009's going for $17,000 around here. In better than new condition. I have one that is the HOLY GRAIL with 1,030 original miles, and no that is not a typo. How much is mine worth ??? From what you guys are saying $3,000 - $5,000. I don't think so. It is in PERFECT condition.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are M1009's going for $17,000 around here. In better than new condition. I have one that is the HOLY GRAIL with 1,030 original miles, and no that is not a typo. How much is mine worth ??? From what you guys are saying $3,000 - $5,000. I don't think so. It is in PERFECT condition.
It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. What the meter says for mileage isn't worth much when talking about a 30 year old vehicle since there probably isn't any documentation on it. And with out photos it's like asking "how long is a piece of string?" Not enough info to give an answer.

mutt1966

Ive always found it interesting when people use low mileage unless you won it from a Government auction and they never replaced the Odometer it would be highly suspect that one of these has only 12hundred miles on since it rolled off the assembly line...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Unless it is perfect, good luck getting over $3K, don't care what the miles are. I had $7 in mine including authentic CARC paint job and that's all I got after several months up for sale. Anyone wanting more than that will definitely have a sucker on the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks